The 2018 Gartner Hype Cycle for Storage Technologies Report evaluates storage-related hardware and software technologies in terms of their business impact, adoption rate and maturity level to help IT leaders decide where and when to invest. For the first year, Gartner has dedicated a section of the report to Container-Native Storage, a huge trend as enterprises adopt Kubernetes to drive their Hybrid- and Multi-cloud strategies. In this report you will find insights such as:
- The business impact of container-native storage.
- The keys players to know in the container-native storage market.
- The difference between a Docker volume plugin and a cloud-native storage solution
- When to use container-native storage as part of your hybrid-cloud strategy.
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
* Gartner report: Hype Cycle Storage Technologies 2018
Published July 13, 2018