1. 100% Self-service
With Red Hat® OpenShift® and Portworx, databases, environments, and tools for developers and administrators are 100% self-service.
- Boost developer productivity with self-service, one-click deployment, operation, and scaling of multiple databases and Kubernetes storage.
- Empower developers with complete ownership over their applications with self-service access to any storage running on-premise or across clouds.
- Give admins self-service access to centralized management for single-click backup and restore.
- Reduce dependence on IT for developers.
- Free up IT resources for other tasks.
2. Build Anywhere
Build and run Kubernetes applications across hybrid cloud, multicloud, on-premise, and edge environments no matter where they run.
- Boost management efficiency in distributed on-premise, cloud, and edge IT environments.
- Build and run anywhere with one-click deployment and operation of databases and Kubernetes storage.
- Support hybrid and multicloud operations with application portability between cloud, on-premise, and edge Kubernetes environments.
- Migrate workloads from one Red Hat OpenShift cluster to another or one site to another with full Kubernetes and application-level awareness.
- Move applications—including stateful applications— between any cloud, on-premise, or edge environment without changing the developer experience.
- Back up applications in one environment, region, or cluster and restore them in another—even if they’re not Portworx volumes.
- Monitor and provide scalable, persistent storage for containers anywhere.
3. Run at Scale
Portworx provides scalable and cloud-native storage for containerized applications running on Red Hat OpenShift so you can scale any application, stateless or stateful.
- Run containerized applications in production with the performance and on-demand scalability you need to support unpredictable business demands.
- Scale Kubernetes in production within days instead of months with on-demand access to storage.
- Scale compute more efficiently by being able to attach hundreds of container volumes to specific servers.
- Provide a single pane of glass for data services to make management at scale more efficient for platform teams.
- Optimize existing storage arrays by intelligently provisioning storage on demand.
4. Operate Cost Effectively
Run on any cloud without locking into proprietary and costly cloud-specific services, and use resources only when needed.
- Make upgrades more efficient and automate time-consuming, manual processes that slow lead times and increase operational costs.
- Auto-scale storage as applications grow to reduce costs.
- Optimize infrastructure and costs with the ability to optimize existing storage arrays and intelligently provision storage on demand.
- Reduce downtime that can cost hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars.
- Reduce cloud storage costs by up to 60% for Kubernetes data and applications.
5. Remain in Control
Red Hat and Portworx help you retain control of your data no matter where it lives.
- Deliver application programming interface (API)-driven, self-service access to developers while maintaining central control over policies, access, and resource usage.
- Gain enterprise-level control to meet compliance and governance requirements—from role-based access controls to 3-2-1 rule support.
- Eliminate lock-in and maintain control with the ability to easily move applications between clusters for hybrid and multicloud availability.
- Move with a focus on security, at the speed of Kubernetes, with container-granular encryption and access controls.