The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is a key player to help accelerate our growth. You will be responsible for strategically developing sales opportunities by identifying and educating business leaders of our solution. You will partner closely with Account Executives to qualify leads and setup meetings that yield new deal opportunity.
Responsibilities will include:
- Qualify inbound leads from marketing activities
- Continually prospect for new customer through outbound cold calling and other lead generation efforts
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Portworx Storage Platform for Kubernetes
- Conduct high level conversations with business leaders in prospects accounts by articulating the Portworx value proposition
- Actively maintain a sales pipeline with documented activity in accordance with sales processes and methodologies
- Develop and nurture a pipeline of new business opportunities to deliver to the Account Executive team to further accelerate our growth
- Setup calls with qualified prospects and Account Executives
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, finance or related fields is highly desired
- 0-1+ years of any sales experience; previous experience in technology sales is highly desired
- Previous experience as a Sales Development Representative (SDR), Business Development Representative (BDR), Account Development Representative, (ADR), Inside Sales Representative (ISR) or Opportunity Development Representative (ODR) is a HUGE plus
- You know you want a career in software sales and this job is the first step in having a successful software sales career
- Strong prospecting skills including cold calling, email, social media, etc.
- Track record of successful achieving or overachieving goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: you are a clear, concise and compelling storyteller
- Fearless and positive attitude – willing to take intelligent risks while being a team player and you are resilient in the face of challenges
- Strong time management skills; ability to prioritize effectively, meet deadlines, work with others and follow through to execute all tasks
- Self-starter – you’re always looking for ways to do your job better and you never wait to be told what to do. When you see an opportunity, you jump on it.
- Passion and desire to empower IT professionals to be more productive using the latest database containers technology Portworx
- Prior experience using Salesforce.com and Outreach.io is desired
- Full-time, reports to CRO
- Los Altos, CA corporate headquarters
Join the Portworx team! Send your resume to email@example.com