About the Role
Portworx is hiring a Product Marketing Manager with the mission of evangelizing the Portworx platform to an increasingly global market. Portworx is a fast-growth software startup that is enabling digital transformation at exciting Global 2000 companies such as T-Mobile, NIO, Comcast, DreamWorks, Roblox, Lufthansa, and GE. These companies are launching amazing applications rapidly on cloud native platforms, in which Portworx is a market and technology leader.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you will play a central role in Portworx’s go-to-market execution including managing product launches, creating content to support field and channel sales, and evangelizing the Portworx platform to customers and prospective customers. The ideal candidate will have hands-on product marketing experience at a B2B software company, be a creative thinker who is results-driven, enjoy complex problem solving, thrive on owning the entire process, be a leader and a collaborator, and love working with sales and product teams.
- Manage product launches including planning with internal and external stakeholders.
- Write or oversee the creation of a portfolio of product marketing content, including: website, whitepapers, blogs, ebooks, demand generation emails, and more.
- Develop a marketing plan for the products you support in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Collaborate with product management, sales and marketing communications to develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with our target buyer personas.
- Act as the primary thought leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements and written works.
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
- Interview customers and develop customer case studies.
- 3+ years of product marketing experience with at least 1 year of experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research).
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Slack and Salesforce.
- Familiar with marketing automation tools such as Marketo, Pardot and Omniture, and Google Analytics.
- Power user of networking tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a solid writer.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player!
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, computer science or other engineering specialty; MBA preferred.
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Project or Basecamp.
Join the Portworx team! Send your resume to email@example.com