Portworx is a Kubernetes storage and data management company that delivers production-grade data availability, security, DR and automation of persistent storage running on-prem and across clouds to the enterprise. Some of our Global 2000 customers include T-Mobile, NIO, Comcast, DreamWorks, Roblox, Lufthansa, and GE.
A glimpse at our massive growth in 2019:
- On pace for another year of 3X year-over-year revenue growth
- $27M Series C funding round including new financing from Cisco, HPE, and NetApp
- ~2X employee growth globally (US, Europe and Asia)
- Strategic partnerships with Cisco, IBM, Google, HPE, and Pivotal
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Director, Sales Development role is critical to the next stage of our revenue growth. The role requires someone who obsesses over the “why”, relishes the challenge of finding answers within limited data sets and possesses a “hunter” mentality day in, day out. The perfect candidate is a coach at heart – someone who enjoys building and enabling successful teams through a clear vision, structure and strategy. You are known for your ability to create a thriving team culture based on a shared set of values and appropriately designed incentives. Process, best practices and results drive you, not micro-management.
Your role is to hire smart, creative, passionate professionals who work hard to help prospects successfully navigate their buying journey and to generate new business opportunities for the Field Sales Team. Ultimately, you view SDRs as the future leaders of the company and you hold yourself accountable for helping them hone the skills to become their best, all while being a part of one of the savviest pipeline machines in the space.
- Build and grow a SDR team responsible for developing and exceeding global pipeline quotas
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales and Product teams on campaign design and execution.
- Define the processes and methodology for effective inbound lead qualification and market feedback on campaign messaging
- Design, build and scale the outbound prospecting program
- Manage, track and report on SDR team’s performance against quotas, forecasts and key activity metrics
- Train and develop team’s enterprise sales ability, product knowledge and cold calling/emailing skills
- Responsible for identifying, hiring and coaching top talent to become the company’s next organizational leaders
- 2 – 3 years of sales management experience in the storage or high-tech industry
- Demonstrated experience building, training, handling, growing and developing a world-class SDR team
- Proven success in driving pipeline through inbound and outbound prospecting strategies
- Practical experience with the demand waterfall and inbound lead flow
- Natural leader focused on driving rep productivity and pipeline growth
- Demonstrated knowledge & expertise setting up of different sales tools, methodologies, technologies and systems (ie Salesforce.com, Insidesales.com, Discover.org, Outreach.io, Intercom.com, etc)
- Strong project management skills and experience with superb attention to detail.
- Desire and ability to operate and thrive in an entrepreneurial, self-starting environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written) and ability to build strong relationships across departments
- Full-time, Reports to CRO
- Los Altos, CA – corporate headquarters
Join the Portworx team! Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org