We are looking for the next critical hire to help us scale the business, define feature areas, and steer the product roadmap. Our product enables stateful containers in production, and we’ve been named a Gartner Cool Vendor.
Our technology includes a distributed storage platform and integrated controls with container schedulers including Kubernetes, Mesosphere, and Docker Swarm. Customers span from Global 2000 enterprises to cloud-native startups, who run workloads on-premises and in public clouds.
Role and impact:
- Directly lead feature areas that help us take our first mover advantage and position this startup for our next phase of growth
- Lead key technical partnerships and help us build the right mix of integrations that continue to make us the best solution for stateful containers
- Partner with sales to continue to improve our delivery into customer hands and customer satisfaction
- Define feature areas and what needs to be built, using an MVP approach
- Understand where the ecosystem is heading and bring that knowledge to feature design
- Evangelizing at meetups and conferences
- Educate potential customers on the value prop
- Build monetization plans (when applicable) with an understanding of pricing and customer segmentation
Relevant skills and experience:
- Background in compute infrastructure, storage Infrastructure, and/or distributed systems that run on Linux
- Demonstrated ability to discuss technical concepts, understand the tradeoffs, and evaluate opportunistic product ideas
- Experience delivering software on-premises AND in public clouds
- Understanding of pricing models or willingness to learn
- Ability to communicate and distill information in crisp PRDs and clear presentations
What isn’t a fit: unlike a Microsoft style PM definition, this role is not to “own” features and maintain stasis. We’re looking for a PdM who can judiciously make calls, and we’ll back that person all the way.
Join the Portworx team! Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org