Portworx is an early-stage, high-growth startup in the booming container space. We’re seeking a talented and motivated Developer Evangelist who can thrive in a fast-paced environment and play a critical role in growing the company. You must be comfortable interfacing with engineering, marketing, and partners to help position the company, create content, and evangelize our technology to the market.
- You are a deep, full-stack cloud technologist. You have a track record of building distributed applications end-to-end.
- You are passionate about containers, data management, and building stateful applications in modern clusters.
- You have a history of leadership and service in developer and DevOps communities, and you have a passion for making applications work.
- You have great technical writing skills demonstrated via documentation, blog posts and other written work.
- You are a social animal. You like meeting new people on and offline.
- You are a great public speaker and are sought after for your expertise and presentation style.
- You don’t mind charging your laptop and phone in airport lounges, while staying productive and professional on the road. You are willing and eager to travel anywhere our developer communities meet.
- You respect work-life balance, but don’t mind working irregular hours and weekends occasionally (as the job demands) to support hackathons, conferences, user groups, and other developer events.
We need help with:
- Creating high-quality technical content for publication on our blog and other channels to show developers how to implement specific stateful container management technologies.
- Spreading the word about container data services by speaking and sharing your expertise at relevant user groups and conferences.
- Evangelizing stateful container management and Portworx technologies to the Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, and Mesosphere communities, as well as to DevOPs/IT organizations chartered with operational management of stateful containers.
- Promoting the needs of developers and users to the Portworx product and engineering team, so that we build the right products in the right way.
- Supporting developers building containerized applications wherever they are, on forums, social media, and everywhere in between.
- Los Altos, California office or remote
- We’d love to see your resume and a brief cover letter describing why you’d be a great fit for the role.
- Just as importantly, please include links to other websites and resources where we can see examples of you doing the things we described in this job description (e.g. GitHub or Bitbucket, your blog, docs that you wrote, Twitter).
Please email email@example.com.